1. ORGANIZING In this selection, Ballard tells two stories that take place at different times. How does he keep the two stories separate?
2. GENERATING What conditions made the TITANIC especially hard to find? Use details from the story.
3. INTEGRATING Summarize why Robert Ballard was so determined to find the TITANIC.
4. INTEGRATING Why do you think people are still fascinated today by the TITANIC?
5. EVALUATING How would you feel if you were on the TITANIC like Ruth Becker, or with Ballard's crew? Explain your answer.
6. CONNECTION Both Ruth Becker and Grandfather in Grandfather's Journey took trips that changed their lives. Compare how they felt as they looked back on their journeys.